Sunday 24 February 2013

Welcome to the North Pole

Inspired by the book Welcome to the North Pole by Piece o' Cake Designs  I embarked on this very challenging quilt. I had never done needle turned appliqué but with the very clear instructions written by Linda and Becky I decided to have a go. Fortunately my Mother in Law offered to help. We made the blocks between us and I have to admit that she did the more complex ones! 

Once all the blocks were completed I assembled and  quilted it. I enjoyed quilting the stars in the border and sewing on a few embellishments. 

I entered the quilt in the Village Show in 2011 and it received a First prize and deservedly so!

Each block is so different. 









This was probably the hardest piece to do - the reindeer's antlers and the N were a nightmare!  (apparently!!)


I love unwrapping this every year and hanging it prominantly in our home, and enjoying it over the Christmas festivities

No comments:

Post a Comment