Friday, 11 August 2017

Tumbler I Spy

With the addition of a new child in the family, an I Spy quilt had to be made. I used the Accuquilt Go 6½ tumbler die to create this. I cut several shapes at once especially for the small print fabrics - which I tend to buy more of now for this purpose, and also they are more economical when fusing cutting. 

The Accuquilt Go handled the bulk of up to 5 fabrics no problem. 

I just had to be careful here to make sure the fabric did not budge. I think if I had precut the fabrics to roughly the size I needed this would have been eliminated.

I need to get better at measuring my finished quilts before I give them away. This has to be 44" wide by  54" long. I think!

He loved it, so did Mum and Dad

Saturday, 16 April 2016

Hearts and Flowers

This quilt was made as a Block of the Month quilt challenge at our local group. Each month we got another instalment and paid a £1 for the pattern. The money collected became the prize money for 1st, 2nd and 3rd voted for by fellow quilters - aka quilters choice, at the AGM. Sadly mine did not win, but all the quilts were amazingly different and gorgeous.

I choose very pretty colours - not my usual colour choice at all. I enjoyed working with this range though and it made me realise how much I like white/cream for backgrounds.

 You can see here  how I have adapted this pattern

Sunday, 10 April 2016

Patchwork Rucksack

I had been wanting to make a rucksack for daily use to work, I found this pattern and really liked it. I had some Lecien fabrics that would work wonderfully.  To make the bag a little waterproof I put in an extra layer of shower curtain between the top fabric and the batting. It makes a bit of a  crinkly noise but has worked well.
 I am not sure if it is how I have placed the handles or the design of the bag, but the balance isn't quite right, it always wants to topple forward when held by the handles